Internships with the National Sports Media Association were created to benefit both the student (with practical work experience and college credit) and the NSMA. Internships are unpaid; students may or may not receive college credit, depending on the institution. Internships can be either part-time or full-time (full-time preferred); however, an intern must commit to a minimum of eight (8) hours per week during the internship.
Duties may include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting NSMA staff with data entry;
- Cataloging and organizing sports media museum exhibits;
- Creating/updating databases;
- Creating marketing materials;
- Creating and updating NSMA social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Helping with NSMA events;
- Interacting with NSMA members and staff;
- Writing news releases;
- Preparing brochures, newsletters, e-blasts, e-mails;
- Organizing and collating mailings;
- Developing/editing original content (written, audio, video) and uploading it to nationalsportsmedia.org website;
- General office work.
Interns are expected to:
- Show up (on time) for their scheduled hours. An internship should be treated as a ‘real’ job;
- Call to inform NSMA staff when late or sick;
- Conduct themselves professionally. Dress is business casual, unless otherwise instructed;
- Ask questions! It’s the best way to learn.