Welcome to the NSMA Membership page. Keep in mind when you register the following information:
- Lifetime Membership is a one-time payment of $750, for those working or who have worked in sports media.
- Premier Membership is a monthly recurring membership ($9.59/month) for those who work or have worked in sports media. It requires a one-time $50 initiation fee. Premier members receive a free one-month trial before their credit card is charged for the first payment.
- AIPS (International Sports Press Association) Membership is a combined membership with the NSMA ($40 to AIPS for the two-year period from 1/1/2020-12/31/2021, plus $140 to NSMA, for US citizens (no exceptions) who cover sports outside of the country, where AIPS cards are required for credentialing purposes. You must also email to email@example.com:
- a scanned color copy of your current US passport ("green cards" are not accepted);
- a CV;
- a supporting letter from your employer (if you are a freelancer, a supporting letter from at least one of the outlets for which you work);
- examples of your published or broadcast work.
You must also register for your AIPS card at: aipsmedia.com. Once payment is confirmed, your AIPS card will be validated by the NSMA. Please be advised that AIPS cards are mailed from Italy to the NSMA in monthly batches, so allow up to eight weeks for delivery.
- Student Membership is one-year, recurring membership ($45) designed for high school or college students interested in sports media. If you wish to end your membership after one year, please email Dave Goren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friends of NSMA is a one-year, recurring membership ($40) from the date of purchase, for those who want to support the organization, but are not sports media members. This is a one-year non-voting membership. If you wish to end your membership after one year, please email Dave Goren at email@example.com.
Because of the cost of manually entering transactions, the NSMA will no longer accept payment by check or money order. All membership payments must be made through the online system.
You may choose to opt out of auto renewal at any time after six months from your first payment. To do so, email or call executive director Dave Goren (firstname.lastname@example.org; 336-655-2976). Thank you for your cooperation.