Welcome to the NSMA Membership page. Keep in mind when you register the following information:
- Friends of NSMA is a one-year membership ($40) from the date of purchase, for those who want to support the organization, but are not sports media members. This is a one-year non-voting membership.
- Premier Membership is a monthly recurring membership ($9.59/month) for those who work or have worked in sports media. It requires a $50 initiation fee for new members. As a "Thank You" to those NSMA members who have supported the NSMA with Full memberships (current), the initiation fee is waived, as long as you renew your membership within 30 days of expiration.
- AIPS (International Sports Press Association) Membership is a combined membership with the NSMA ($180 for the two-year period from 1/1/2018-12/31/2019), for US citizens who cover sports outside of the country, where AIPS cards are required for credentialing purposes. You must also email (to email@example.com) a scanned color copy of your current US passport and a supporting letter from your employer (if you are a freelancer, a supporting letter from at least one of the outlets for which you work). Also, you must also register for your AIPS card at: aipsmedia.com. Once payment is confirmed, your AIPS will validated by the NSMA. Please be advised that AIPS cards are mailed from Italy to the NSMA in monthly batches, so allow up to eight weeks for delivery.
- Lifetime Membership is a one-time payment of $750, for those working (or who have worked) in sports media.
- Student Membership is one-year membership ($45) designed for high school or college students interested in sports media.
Because of the cost of manually entering transactions, the NSMA will no longer accept payment by check or money order. All membership payments must be made through the online system. Also, Premier memberships payments are renewed automatically. You may choose to opt out of auto renewal. Thank you for your cooperation.