Maccabi Media – Argentina, Winter 2023: A Career-Development Program for Aspiring Sports Media Professionals03.02.2023
Maccabi USA and Maccabi Media are proud to present a career-development program offering a unique international experience for aspiring sports media professionals who are Jewish. Following a comprehensive application process, a team of students will be selected to cover the 2023 Pan American Maccabi Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from December 27, 2023 through January 5, 2024. The application process is now open and will close on April 30, 2023.
Eligibility Open To:
• College undergraduates (including Fall ‘23 first-year students) who are Jewish and 18+ years old on 12/23/2023.
• College graduates who are Jewish and no older than 25 years old on 12/23/2023.
• Applicants must be enrolled in, intend to enroll in, or already graduated from a university-level communications-related program such as sports media, communications, TV/radio/film production, journalism, digital media, etc.
Participants will perform several of the following sports media roles while covering the Pan American Maccabi Games and MUST show previous experience in as many of these areas as possible:
- Shooting & Editing video for Daily Packages - Sports reporting (interviewing & writing articles)
- Play-by-Play & Color Analysis
- Social Media Content Creation
- Hosting, Anchoring, Sideline Reporting
- Live Event Production/Streaming
• Maccabi Media is also seeking additional candidates with strong technical expertise and computer skills that will be responsible for assisting with live streaming production and digital content/website management.
All applicants must write a short essay plus submit a resume, demo reel, examples of written/social media work, and media/school references. Specific submission requirements will be provided after you apply.
Training, Costs & Other Considerations:
• Those selected for Maccabi Media will be notified no later than June 30, 2023, and must commit to attending all virtual training and the Games. A series of Zoom sessions – which will include assigned written and video projects - will begin in the summer of 2023. There will also be a mandatory in-person workshop immediately prior to departure for Argentina. Location and details will be provided.
• Selected team members (as well as all USA athletes) will have a financial responsibility of $6,650 plus a $36 application fee and are responsible for their own domestic travel to the in-person training. This fee will cover expenses for registration, international airfare, accommodations, transportation, meals, equipment, medical insurance, Maccabi apparel, and workshop events. ***For candidates selected, all efforts will be made to provide some financial assistance for those in need so that should not be a barrier to apply.***
• You will be given all equipment necessary for our media coverage, but you must bring your own phone and laptop computer (with editing software). All provided equipment must be returned to Maccabi USA following the Games.
• Maccabi Media team members must have valid passports and proof of all required Covid vaccinations.
• Maccabi USA will provide any documentation if students are able to receive college credit for this program.
For more information about the Maccabi Games, go here. To apply for Maccabi Media, contact Neal Slotkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.